Current Volunteer Opportunities include: Teacher partners for SOL enrichment programs, Adult Volunteers for 4-H Camp, 4-H Club Leaders, Short term volunteers to help with specific projects. Adults to help with the Reality Store Financial Literacy Program.
With volunteer help, we can start new clubs and programs. Adults and teens welcome. Apply through extension office. Volunteers are screened and training is provided.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- 4-H Jr. Camp – one week residential camp at the Jamestown 4-H Center for boys and girls ages 9-13. mark you calendar for August 5-9, 2013! Please call our office to get on mailing list!
- Teen Leadership – Youth ages 14 (and in 9th grade +) are trained and serve as teen counselors for a week of residential 4-H Jr. Camp. Contact the office to get on the mailing list.
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math School Enrichment – SOL correlated school enrichment activities ranging from electricity, science inquiry, weather, horticulture, VA resources, forestry, pollution, measuring, 4-H National Youth Science Day – Eco-Bot Challenge. Many resources available for free!
- Financial Literacy and Career Exploration School Enrichment – Reality Store program for middle schools and high schools and Kids Marketplace & Reading Makes Cents for elementary schools
- Nutrition and Physical Activity School Enrichment – 6 hands-on lessons based on USDA standards and My Plate
- In-School 4-H Clubs – students learn leadership skills and practice communication skills
- Westmoreland County 4-H Livestock Club – meets monthly and members work on livestock projects in addition to other projects and activities, call 493-8924 for meeting dates and times
- George Washington Birthplace 4-H Heritage Club – meets monthly and members participate in colonial living history activities, contact club leader Deb Lawton 804-224-1732
- Richmond County 4-H Community & Cloverbud Club – for youth ages 5-18, meets in the evening on the second Thursday of each month in Warsaw, please call 333-3420 for more information
- Farmer for the Day & Youth Livestock Shows – and other more youth activities at the Richmond County Fair in August
- Local Day Camps – summer day camps focused on water quality, agriculture…
Big Opportunities are wide open with 4-H – district and state programs, international exchange programs, State Congress for teens, State 4-H Cabinet and Ambassadors, 4-H All Stars, shooting sports, judging teams, competitions, collegiate 4-H clubs…